Re: [pct-l] Distance/Time

Part of the problem may be the side hike into Independence. It's 8-9 miles.
That's a 16-18 mile round trip with serious elevation change. So, perhaps
the extra is to account for the side hike. If one doesn't stop in
Indepedence, a good amount of time can be saved.

Troubadour
http://www.pcthiker.com | experience the pacific crest trail