[pct-l] Supplies from a distance

Sara Baggett at butterfreefl@yahoo.com wrote about supplies on the PCT.
I hiked from Campo to Trail Pass, near Lone Pine last year.  I come from
England and posting mail from the UK to the US is VERY expensive.  So I
took all my food, purchased here beforehand and already boxed on the
plane as part of my luggage allowance.  Then once cleared Immigration I
set about buying those items I could not carry e.g. white spirit/gas or
stove fuel call it what you like! and other bits and pieces.  Then with
help from Big Hummel took them to the US post service and mailed them
ahead.  This included a drift box.  I was surprised how cheap that
option was.  Of course being stateside and being able to buy the same
food in CA as in VA or wherever all you really need to do is arrive in
CA with shopping lists for your mail boxes and buy and buy!
Hope this helps and look forward to seeing some of you in the High
Sierras about mid June but dependent on snow levels of course.
Mike Scawen
e-mail: mikes@ga-memik.demon.co.uk

--
Mike Scawen