[pct-l] <no subject>

Title: <no subject>

Ode to the pct class of 2000

What can be, is greater than what has been. The millennium is anew and my heart is quickened. Thoughts leap for the trailhead is eminently at hand!

I imagine faces I have not seen; people I have not met: Strider, Ty, Ron, Blister-free, Kristen and Natasha, Marggo, Tom... I see them in towns, unexpectedly meeting. I call their names and see their smiles. We visit for awhile at a grocery store or post office, or perhaps in a meadow, resting, contemplating a dandelion.

I smell crisp Sierra mornings, dew dipped grass blades, and emerging poppies. I hear the black cricket in the inviting August evening explore the night air. Let us follow the larks and chase fox¹s tail. And press on!

Sun-dappled ferns invite a rest by the river. In the afternoon, an excursion in the forests catching our child. Here is treasure.

We must count the rain drops and ponder the wind for life is at hand and may not pass this vista again. Our hearts are there, living this Pacific Crest Trail.

Loony Lee