Re: [pct-l] Trekking Poles?

In a message dated 1/9/00 12:54:22 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
owenk@quiknet.com writes:

<< Speaking of trekking pole does anyone have any information on how well the
 adjustable types holdup?  Do they break? Do they collapse at the wrong time?
 etc.

I haven't had any problem with breakage in nearly 3000 miles with the
exception of tip replacements after about 1300 miles of use.

Occasionally the poles will loosen up, but slide down gradually, without
being a major factor.

It's convenient to have the ability to shorten or lengthen them according to
terrain or collapse them completely when traveling or hitching in and out of
towns.

You won't find me on a trail without them.

Sly