Re: [pct-l] Trekking Poles?

I agree w/Eric Lee  that trekin' poles R quite useful; he proporly stated
their main benefit of savin' yr. joints while descendin' & gettin' some use
outta yr. arm muscles while climbin'.   I was glad I had poles on the PCT;
the area they proved 2 B more wt. than I wanted 2 carry mita been in the Hi
Sierras, when I also had an ice axe...however, 4 the most part, I love 'em.

I'm really weighin' in 2 promote the fat-tipped type-0-pole, as in Trax
Trekkers, vice the quite-popular Leki, carbide-tipped type of pole.  1st off,
the larger rubber tip on the TT affords much more purchase on most ever'
surface, save 4 ice & snow (at which time the rubber tip can B removed 2
negotiate the sutff).  More Mportantly, it's obvious the damage those
ski-pole type metal tips do 2 the trl. as compared 2 the blunter rubber types.

Re. 1 or 2 poles; I feel that w/but 1 pole (& I went more'n a thousand mi. on
the AT B4 I wised up) U're off-balance.  W2, U get a good rhythym a-gloin'.
Plus they're quite helpful while fordin' & poss 2 fend off
animules/folx/brush.

Happy Trls., Wanchor