[pct-l] soles, shoe and support

 A shoe or boot that is one hikers dream may be another's nightmare. A 160
lb. needs are different from a 240lb hiker. I know boot soles last little for
me and now buy Danners which can be resoled in less than an hour by most any
cobbler. Many glue-on soles are great but are a pain to resole (or more
likely, rebottom ). Running shoes, while being light, lack support are larger
hikers or hikers with larger packs.  Also an ankle twist in a light shoe may
be stopped from happening with a more supportive boot. Support is always
needed for larger anything whether in be boots, bras, tires or building
houses. A great shoe for Brick would be a disaster for me. Thru-hikers in the
lighter weights can go longer for any given boot between resoling. CHOOSE
WISELY  The Ultra Craze has offers many new ideas which work great for a
select number of hikers, but maybe not the best for all hikers. There is no "
free lunch" and always trade offs. ( lightness for durablity or support )