[pct-l] Permethrin from livestock supply stores

ROBERT ELLINWOOD bobandshell97 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 17 11:39:08 CDT 2022

 >"The one year I did not treat my clothes, hat, gloves, etc. I was bombarded
with mosquitoes and flies!!"
Ticks!   Permethrin is GREAT for killing ticks.  Waaay back in 2002, My wife and I were camped at Benchmark on the CDT after finishing a 350 mile stretch when, a day later, a group of three hikers pulled in after doing the exact same 350 mile section of CDT. They slept under tarps and complained bitterly of dealing with “hundreds” of ticks. We, having done the pre-trip Permethrin spraying, had dealt with only 6 ticks between us, none biting us .  FWIW.   I also buy it from a hardware store and carefully dilute it into a spray bottle.