[pct-l] Permethrin from livestock supply stores

Town Food pctl at marcusschwartz.com
Fri Jun 17 00:22:55 CDT 2022

A while back (7 or 8 years maybe?) I remember reading on this list a
recommendation to treat clothes with permethrin, not with the Sawyer
products from hiking stores, but with permethrin from a livestock supply
store.  The reason being, the livestock supply store will sell a quart
of 10% permethrin for about $15, while a hiking store will sell a pint
of 0.5% permethrin for about the same price.  So it's 40x cheaper if you
dilute the 10% solution yourself.

Has anybody here used this method, and if so, are there particular
brands I should look for?  I've looked a bit on Amazon, and some of the
Q&A there says that some brands are not formulated to stick to clothes,
or will stain, or will retain a strong smell, so I'm not sure what I
should use.

Thanks,
  -=Town Food