[pct-l] hope you weren't hoping for a hitch on Ebbetts Pass on Saturday!

David Hough reading PCT-L pctl at oakapple.net
Wed Jul 20 07:52:07 CDT 2022

Did you know about this?

http://www.ebbettspassadventures.com/events/death_ride.html

I didn't.   Caltrans in Sacramento didn't.   I checked the morning of July 16
for highway conditions on Highway 4 on the Caltrans website - nothing listed.
Then when I got to Angels Camp, a big orange sign -

Ebbetts Pass Closed
at Lake Alpine
Sat July 16, 2022
Detour via 49/88/89

So I had to make a quick replan of my section J adventure.
Separate email follows about that.

Maybe this needs to be on the PCTA website since it seems to be annual.

A couple of days later, the support tents and portapotties were still set up
along Hwy 4.

This event is limited to the first 3000 participants.    PCTA through hiking
is a much smaller deal!   But there were two or three dozen through hikers
every day on the trail, even though it's a bit late by traditional reckoning
for north bound through hikers.   Cancelling ADZPCTKO and quotas on through
hiking permits has flattened the traditional wave I guess.