[pct-l] warner springs monte...

Jeffrey Olson jjolson58 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 22:35:26 CST 2021

There have been a couple blips on the listserv lately.  I'm curious what
Warner Springs Monte is up to.

I was camped at a spring below the trail in central oregon. He, and
another famous 2005 hiker (one gallon?) were moving south on the trail.
They were debating the ethical reality of trail angels as they hiked.  I
lay on my bed and listened/watched them walk by.

I remember walking down into the Timberline lodge and like 15 SOBO thrus
were eating breakfast.  I felt alienated and continued walking. I camped
not far below Barlow Pass.  Everyone passed me over the next couple
days.  I think Monte was part of that group.

Jeff