[pct-l] after Foley catheterization

james8313 at sti.net james8313 at sti.net
Wed Feb 3 12:44:26 CST 2021

Having delt with Kidney stones for 40 yrs, enlarged prostate and a blader
issue, i have had a number of Foley's over the years. I can tell you that
their
is still a life afterwards.  I have done a number of hikes afterwards in
the Sierra Mts.

Dad had a enlarged prostate and it took about 9 months and a couple of
procedures to open the plumbing and he was able to get off the Foley - he
was 93
at the time.

One thing to ask about when you return to the Dr to have it removed is
that if
you need to continue on a catheter you may want to change to Self
Catherization.
You get catheters and lube for a one time use. Mine are ordered and sent
monthly
due to the blader issue in july 2019.

Also Get a Man Bag to carry a few along w/ lube, when you are going to be
away from
the house for several hrs and you will do fine. You will soon learn where
all the restrooms
can be found ie: Walmart

Yosemite James

Message: 1