[pct-l] Covid 19 precautions

Larry Hillberg walkinglarry at gmail.com
Mon May 11 10:28:54 CDT 2020

Reading the post about hiking the PCT regardless of Covid 19 was a
disappointment.  Some among us just don't get it.  The issue is the same as
that for wearing masks.

I'm 78 today, fit and able.  I still work full time in an important role.
My 60th birthday was on Fuller Ridge during a thru hike, and the only one I
remember in any detail.  But at the same time, I'm in the gunsights of this
disease: aged, male, A+ blood type, and a history of (corrected) irregular
heartbeat.  I respect this invisible and dangerous tornado, and I wish
everybody did.

Yes, I wear a mask when among others.  I wear it not for me, but for all of
us.