[pct-l] Marmot

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 13 13:07:01 CDT 2020

Thank you Medicare Pastor( I hope I have remembered  your name correctly)All info and thoughts are appreciated
Yes,I do get hung up in going light. I’ll just have to grit my teeth and take more weight and  choices.
I plan to buy some sort of GPS messaging device before I go. Which one I’m not sure. Spot? INREACH?
In the San Juans recently found the Bearcreek waypoints to be at times bizarrely off. Twice I was standing right on the trail next to a junction sign and it told me I was off trail. I began to just use my paper map.
I didn’t know that anyone still used Wolf.  Maybe I’ll broaden my thoughts about what to use.
I have a lot of time to figure this out.
The first time I just laid out all my maps on the floor and circled the mountains listed   Then, hoped I could find my way. Often I wasn’t on a trail —just wandering. I was hoping for a bit more certainty this time. But there was a woman who did it a couple of years before me —Barbara,I think —who said that in four days she could do a hundred miles and you are bound to find something in a hundred miles. That always comforted me when once again I wasn’t sure where I was. It’s hard to starve in 4 days.
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone