[pct-l] JUST KIDS....Taking Chance

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Tue May 28 07:24:50 CDT 2019

I consider our Vets to be first responders too.  Only they responded for the whole nation, including all its various regions and groups.  Rare and impressive.  That is what I like about the trail community too.  They are first responders for Mother Nature and specifically the trail.  I remember back in the old days on the PCT, when the last Ice Age snows were retreating from the Sierras.  When there were no first responders, when we had to deal with renegade Neanderthal tribes and Saber Tooth Tigers, etc.  This was back when mountainmen and women had to fight their way north to Canada through glaciers and hostile natives and no REI.  I thank you.