[pct-l] SNOW TO SAND film chronicles winter thru-hike of the Pacific Crest Trail

Paint YW paintyourwagonhikes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 18:19:29 CDT 2019

https://www.pcta.org/2019/snow-to-sand-film-64216/

Have you ever spent a really cold night in the backcountry? Imagine
traveling over 130 days on the Pacific Crest Trail through the winter
<https://www.pcta.org/discover-the-trail/backcountry-basics/snow/>. What a
crazy idea.

A new feature-length movie named SNOW TO SAND captures Shawn “Pepper” Forry
and Justin “Trauma” Lichter on their historic winter PCT expedition
<https://www.pcta.org/2015/winter-thru-hike-pacific-crest-trail-video-27730/>.
The New York Times called the 2015 adventure “the most daring and foolhardy
wilderness expedition since Lewis and Clark.” The duo’s incredible athletic
feat presented a unique story about man, nature, and self, set against a
global backdrop about humankind’s role in managing the natural world.

I just watched this film and found it worthy of my time and money.

It's not the usual hiker style video with an awesome soundtrack. Instead, I
would say it's a bit more introspective as intended, with some wise owls
narrating in lieu of music accompaniment.

Yes, there is a fee.

It can be rented for $2.99 and purchased for $9.99.

Background:

https://www.pcta.org/2015/winter-thru-hike-pacific-crest-trail-video-27730/

Get out there!

Paint