[pct-l] Snow

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Fri Jun 7 17:29:42 CDT 2019

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 5:29 PM Tom <tom.weir1959 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was out there in '82.  Forget the Sierras, Mt Laguna and the San Jacintos
> were socked in.

When I hiked the PCT in 1995, I hiked 5000 miles in the snow, and it
was all uphill, both ways! Kids these days would never believe that.

In all seriousness, this year is quite a bit more difficult than most,
not because of the large snow pack but because of the cold and snowy
spring delaying the melt. It has just now started to arrive in
Kernville, quite a bit later than usual.
http://www.dreamflows.com/graphs/yir.104.php

And everyone should remember that the snow really isn't dangerous,
with an ice axe and just a little bit of training. But the water will
kill you.