[pct-l] current sierra snowpack

Weathercarrot - weathercarrot at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 01:39:45 CST 2019

If you look at the image, you'll notice on the right side of each of the three charts where is says "Percent of Average for this Date", and the numbers for the southern two charts (Sierra) are 154% and 152%. This translates to 123% and 117% of the April 1st average.  This link clarifies it:

https://cdec.water.ca.gov/snowapp/sweq.action

The blue line on the graph---the one that's not complete---is 2019. I think
the 150% is for the 2016-2017 graph.

So far, Sierra totals look  to be a bit above average, up to maybe 120%,
for this time of year.

Just an FYI, the number that counts is the final one---comparing the enire
year to the 30-year average. Comparing the rainfall totals month by month
can make things look better--or scarier--- than they are.

Catherine