[pct-l] PCT Trip Fail

imscotty at aol.com imscotty at aol.com
Thu Dec 26 22:05:59 CST 2019

Hello Guys,
Thanks again for your advice on my planned CA Section E hike.  I thought you deserved an update.
I arrived in Agua Dulce this afternoon.  It was cold and rainy there, but the reports are that there might be 1-2 feet of snow at the higher elevations along section E.  I did not arrive prepared to slog thru that.  I have retreated to Santa Clarita to consider my options.  Had a hard time getting a room too since many of the mountain passes have been shut down during the storm, lots of travelers are here waiting for them to open up again.
Does not look like this will melt off anytime soon.  I might have to go to Plan B, rent a car, explore small desert towns, and visit my daughter in Vegas.  I will decide how adventuresome I feel tomorrow, but Section E might have to wait until the next time I can get out here in June.
Scott