[pct-l] Section hike: Acton, CA

Paint YW paintyourwagonhikes at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 01:13:06 CDT 2019

Rick,

One option is to leave your vehicle at the KOA campground south of Acton. I
think the cost is $5 a day. Then hike to Hikertown and petition the
caretaker (Bob) for a ride back to your vehicle at the KOA, for a donation.

Another option is to leave your vehicle at Hikertown, and petition the
caretaker (Bob) for a ride to the KOA, for a donation, and then hike back
to your vehicle in Hikertown.

The Metrolink stops in Acton, and Lancaster. The problem would be getting
to Hikertown, from Lancaster, which might be accomplished by petitioning
the caretaker (Bob) for a ride to Hikertown, for a donation. The second
issue would be parking your vehicle somewhere in Acton, or back at the KOA
campground, then getting a ride from the KOA to Acton. (6 miles)

Another option is to park your vehicle at the Saufley's, in Agua Dulce, and
then either hike NOBO from there to Hikertown, or if you are referring to
the KOA as being your Acton starting point, get a ride from someone at the
Saufley's, back to the KOA, to start your hike NOBO, then see if Bob, the
caretaker at Hikertown, will return you to the Saufley's, for your vehicle.

<> <> <> When you refer to Acton, know this, the PCT isn't at Acton, but
about 6 miles south near the KOA. <> <> <>

Prior arrangements need to be made with the Saufley's, to gain permission
to leave your vehicle at their house.

Another possibility would be to see if you can leave your vehicle at the
Anderson's house (Casa De Luna) in Green Valley, and get a ride back to the
KOA from someone there. Again, I would check ahead of time for permission
to leave your vehicle at their house.

KOA mile #444 Soledad Canyon Rd, Acton, CA
https://koa.com/campgrounds/acton/

Saufleys #454 Agua Dulce, CA
https://hikerheaven.com/

Andersons #478 Green Valley, CA