[pct-l] Two possible hikes, 566-602 or 190-179

sdscpcts sdscpcts at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 13:06:13 CDT 2018

Ron,
     It sounds like the Cranston Fire closed areas south of the South Ridge Trail, but from the Devil's Slide Trail north it is open.
     I recommend doing the second hike from the Jawbone Canyon Road south to Highway 58. Less uphill that way. Bring a couple of feet of plastic tubing to capture water from the spring for your water bottles.
       Rob
Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
-------- Original message --------From: Ron Graybill <rgraybill44 at gmail.com> Date: 8/30/18  1:07 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: pct-l at backcountry.net Subject: [pct-l] Two possible hikes, 566-602 or 190-179
Still whittling away at the PCT, interested in possible hiking partner to
hike one or both of these sections in mid to late September, weather
permitting:

1. One day, 13 miles, southbound from Fuller Ridge (190.5) to Devil's Slide
Trail at 179.4, and thence down the 2.6 miles on Devil's Slide Trail to
Humber Park in Idylwild. (Provided Cranston Fire did not close Devil's
Slide Trail).

2. Three days, 36 miles (dry--unless Golden Oak Spring is still running)
northbound from Highway 58 west of Mojave, CA, (566) to Jawbone Canyon Road
at Mile 602.

If interested, I'll discuss logistics with you.

Ron "Slow Charger" Graybill
Ontario, CA