[pct-l] Section Hiking the PCT

imscotty at aol.com imscotty at aol.com
Mon Oct 29 14:57:35 CDT 2018

Hello Ron,

I am a section hiker too.  I started in the middle of CA, and have completed Crabtree Meadows to Castella/ Dunsmuir/ Route 5.  Last year I finally made it to Campo and hiked from there to Big Bear Lake.

I did that section from the end of May to mid-June, and to tell you the truth the sun of California kills me.  I am use to the 'green tunnel' of the east.  Towards the end of next May I will pick up where I left off at Big Bear.  I would like to fill in this gap to Crabtree Meadow (and do Whitney one more time), but that is probably unrealistic since I only get about three weeks for each section.

Still, perhaps our paths will interest along the way.  I'll be glad when I am done with the desert, I would probably feel differently about it if I could just get out there earlier in the season, but I cannot.  Just want to make sure you know that you have some great sections in front of you that I would gladly hike again.

My best to everyone,
Scott Stimpson

"I watch the list regularly--soon will be continuing my section hikes
northward. Have finished everything south of Mile 568, now struggling to
go northward from Highway 58.

Ron "Slow Charger" Graybill, Age 74"