[pct-l] PCT-L

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Oct 28 13:32:12 CDT 2018

Say Switchback,
Just got back from extended vacation in Hawaii and noticed just 1 post
for all of October, so far, on the PCT-L.
It looks like the list is dying a slow death since you and I stopped
sharing our many years of hard earned  hiking experiences during a time
when "Hard Core Mountain Men" like Switchback & Reinhold dared to roam
around in the wilderness and bears were nervous.
Yes, a time when Switchback & Reinhold tamed the wilderness caring
everything they needed to survive in the wilderness in "steel frame
packs" to make the wilderness safe for the current crop of hikers
strolling around on trails in UL Packs eating things like dehydrated
food and Tootsy Rolls.
We needed to eat heavier things with more "horse power" like Grits &
Beans & Grizzly Bears.
Yes, thinks have really changed since Switchback & Reinhold roamed the
trails...and the list, especially the women, really seemed to to be
interested in what hard core mountain men had to say, enjoyed listening
to your words of wisdom and hiking humor and responded accordingly and
keep the list interesting & entertaining.
Now with you gone, the list is dull and dead........The list needs you
Switchback

                               COME  BACK  SWITCHBACK  & RESURRECT  THE
LIST  TO  IT'S  FORMER  GLORY!!!!

JMT Reinhold

---