[pct-l] Section Hiking between California Highway 58 and Jawbone Canyon Road

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 1 14:24:01 CDT 2018

Once you get up to the ridge it's pretty easy hiking. Old dirt roads connected by trail. Just don't wait until the Mojave winds start. Not that they ever really stop. They usually blow pretty hard in Dec/Jan. I've had trouble standing up.  Twice I've  had to bail in that section   Once 'cause of high winds and once because of icy trail and frozen springs  Golden Oak spring turns into a slushy when it freezes    Blue Bird will freeze up completely but there is always water east down Jawbone Canyon as you drop down to the First Nations Reserve. I found it easy to hitch out to the road and then back to my van that I left at the Mojave Motel 6. They are very hiker friendly. The Motel Six at the corner across from the big market. There are two. There are also many trail angels in Tehachapi.
Have a great hike
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone