[pct-l] Sounds of silence

Kaity Cummins dezrat121 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 12:36:59 CDT 2018

Definitely in the camp of one earbud or none! The best example I ever had of this was while riding my bear-belled horse in CA section C: a solid dozen or so thru hikers heading up the switchbacks above Doble trail camp, and one guy with both earbuds in. My jingling horse and I had a full 5 minute+ conversation with the guy’s backpack, while hoping for a break in his music so he could hear us behind him. ;)  And I didn’t allow my horse to grab anything off his backpack to startle him, despite being close enough. We gave the poor guy a heart attack once his music paused!

Kt