[pct-l] question re canisters

Susan Virnig susanvirnig at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 09:37:47 CST 2018

Though I’ve hiked 1500 PCT section miles, I am only beginning to use a stove with canisters.  How long should I expect one Snowpeak Gigapower 4 oz canister to last under these conditions?

	— boil 2 cups of water for breakfast and for dinner
	— current temperatures from Campo to Hwy 74 are expected to be upper 30s to lower 70s

Thanks for any help you can provide with a simple question about which I just have no clue.

—Susan from Spokane, aka Sunshine

P.S.  As a section hiker, I only get on the PCT-L when I’m going to be hiking a particular section, and everyone has always been very helpful over the last ten years.  Apparently I have missed out on meanness, which I am delighted about having missed.  Thanks to all who have helped me now and over the years.