[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 112, Issue 7

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 23 08:12:47 CDT 2018

Every time this is talked about people miss the point. No one is dismissing any hike. Each year there are challenges. Sometimes a particular year is so difficult that some hikers have to return and hike the parts that were closed. Once again --that is part of what we do. It is so sad and disappointing when you cannot do the hike you imagined. But it can sometimes be reality. I remember in Cindy Ross' book (87?) PCT---she called it finishing her thru-hike. She did it over two years. That's why the phase MYTH exists. I can't imagine anyone ranking or being disrespectful of the choices people make out there. It's just not a finished hike (continuous footpath) unless it is. It has alway included reasonable alternatives.
The TC states that.
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone