[pct-l] Trail magic sites in Washington

Jennifer Johnson jmhanigan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 23:13:11 CDT 2018

Hey Town Food,

I ended my hike at Donner’s Pass last year at the end of September…I had hit the Sierras at the beginning of June, and spent one week in the snowpocalypse before I bailed and headed north to do Northern Cali, Oregon and Washington.  I went back after I reached the Canadian border and did the Sierra section that I skipped.  So I probably didn't run into you!  It turned out to be a great trip, though, as Washington wasn’t too cold in August and the Sierras were gorgeous and largely snow-free in September (except for a horrendous storm at Sonora Pass).

And for the person that asked about bugs in Washington in August in an earlier thread, I will add that it is usually blissfully bug free during that time!

I agree that there probably won’t be that many people going through Washington in August, although maybe section hikers will be?  I did run into a lot of people on the trail in August last year, but that could have been due to the conditions.  I’ve seen some posts on Facebook and emails here that lead me to think people may be in that area, but I may head back out in September to catch some more folks.  I live in SW Washington, so it’s not that big of a deal to get out there.  I have an RV, too, so I can hang out somewhere for a few days and see who rambles by.  If there aren’t that many hikers, I guess that means more beer for me.  :)  And I like the idea of having a theme!  How fun!

On an unrelated note, this is my first post on the listserv and holy wow have I received some pornographic emails since then!  I blocked them, but I wonder if there is some other way to deal with that?  I’m on several other listservs and have never had that problem.  I had the misfortune of opening one of them at work and that made for an interesting conversation with the person who happened to be in my office at the time…

Thanks,

Jennifer Johnson