[pct-l] Stoves are now OK to use in parts of Angeles NF

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Sun Jan 14 16:13:08 CST 2018

On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 1:18 PM, Mike Cunningham <hikermiker at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance but the last time I heard a reference to jellied petroleum that meant napalm. What is this stuff?

There is no such thing as  "jellied petroleum"  stove fuel. They
probably mean gelled alcohol (e.g. Sterno)

To quote Hikin Jim in BPL:
"It's just an indicator of how slow to change they are. Every forest
I've yet seen lists it that way, even though there's no such thing,
yet makes no mention of ESBIT, even though ESBIT is far safer than
either white gas or canister gas. Indeed, ESBIT is the safest fuel
that a backpacker can use that I'm aware of."