[pct-l] Stoves are now OK to use in parts of Angeles NF

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Sun Jan 14 14:20:24 CST 2018

On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 11:57 AM, Town Food <pctl at marcusschwartz.com> wrote:
> No, it says "Persons with a California Campfire Permit are *NOT* exempt..."

Ya gotta read the whole thing. --- After the "NOT exempt..."  it says:

"However persons with a valid Calfornia Campifre permit may use a
portable lantern or stove using gas, jellied petroleum or pressurized
liquid fuel"

IANAL, but it looks to me that while "stove fires" in general are
prohibited except in developed recreation sites, stoves "using gas,
jellied petroleum or pressurized liquid fuel" are exempt from this
order. In other words, most petroleum stoves are allowed everywhere.
There is not "shutoff valve"  requirement like in some other forests.

I read this to mean that non petroleum based stoves, like alcohol, or
wood are not allowed, except in developed recreation sites.