[pct-l] So there I was... staring into a PCTA Contact us *Message dialog box

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Sun Jan 14 12:57:45 CST 2018

Starting about 8-10 years ago, I began noticing scorch rings, sometimes multiple ones, on the wooden table tops in campgrounds along the PCT. Since I don't visit many in SoCal, it must have been in Inyo's Horseshoe Meadow, Cottonwood Pass TH to the PCT. Those were the days where the UL philosophy was taking root and everyone was talking about how light alcohol stoves were and little about how you can't see their flames. I don't know if that is still a concern these days, but I wondered if all those small, perfectly circular burnt rings were caused by thru hikers?

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education, Inc.
ned at mountaineducation.org