[pct-l] Fires

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 8 18:05:55 CST 2018

It's not that difficult to go cook less. Any of the instant soups that you can buy in bulk will rehydrate in cold water. It just takes a bit longer. Taste Adventure makes 4 that I know of. They are organic and Vegan. *Instant hummus. *Precooked taco shells.
*Soy or mushroom jerky.
*Nuts ,dried fruit.
*Add dried Eggplant powder to your hummus and you have a sort of Babaganoush. *Almond butter,Cashew butter. Put a fruit tea bag in your plastic bottle let soak on the back of your pack and you have "sun tea". Hibiscus, and dried cherry is good. I've probably hiked 6,000 miles stoveless.
Yes, it's easier with one but at least we know we can do it this way.
If you want to buy the Alpine Aire meals -- all of the veg ones rehydrate in cold water. I think that any meal which only requires boiling water and not cooking will work that way.
I'm sure others have suggestions also.
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone