[pct-l] FoodSaver Freeze n Serve bags

Rick Parker rickrparker at icloud.com
Mon Oct 30 21:54:33 CDT 2017

Freezer ziplocks not the cheap ones.  I think they are lighter, and have more of multipurpose (trash bags).  If the FoodSaver Bags are the heat sealed bag, that may work to mail ahead boxes?  You shouldn’t need to mail anything really as you can always pack a few days all the way to Tehachapi.  I think I remember the SoCal longest haul is now (Ziggy and the Bear being closed) Idyllwild to Big Bear.  I was by the store just last month by Casa De Luna and that store is great!  Hikertown now owns a grocery nearby.  Then, 3-4 days to Tehachapi.

FWIW, I never cook in my Ti Pot.  Just use a Talenti ice cream plastic jar for stirring, coffee.  The oatmeal packs are great for pouring hot water into with a bit of freeze dried berrys.  Enjoy. . . .