[pct-l] Salt makes you less thirsty?

Drew Smith jdrewsmith at gmail.com
Tue May 9 09:24:45 CDT 2017

Yeah, a good reminder that physiology and nutrition have long been the
red-headed stepchildren of biomedical research. We actually know remarkably
little about some very basic questions, including salt vs fluid intake.

Worth keeping in mind the next time an "expert" makes a proclamation about
how much water you need while hiking, or how you should be drinking
electrolyte drinks etc. Except at the extremes of dehydration or
hyponatremia, such advice is little more than hot air and faith in one's
own prejudices. Or a sales pitch.

Drew