[pct-l] Tehachapi Pass to Landers Meadow

Herb Stroh HStroh at sjmslaw.com
Mon May 8 18:22:26 CDT 2017

Ah, the joys of finding water in the desert!

Years ago we were hiking a section of the Grand Enchantment Trail and were desperate for water. Trail notes suggested a general location, and we could smell it but not find it. Finally I said, "lets follow the cows." Sure enough, we found the biggest clot of cows and there in the middle was a dirty water hole. We chased them off and filled up. Filtered it AND treated it and it still tasted like the floor of a barn. But it kept us going and we did not get sick.

Herb