[pct-l] Southern Sierra Airlift ?

Paint YW paintyourwagonhikes at gmail.com
Mon May 1 18:06:25 CDT 2017

Earlier today, I came across a photo of an avalanche rescue underway, with
a patient being airlifted in a basket onto a hovering helicopter. If memory
serves me correctly, the person had broken their leg- per the quote.

I can't remember whether it was posted at Trail Journals, Postholer, or
Vermilion Valley Resort's website... but I saw it with my own two eyes.

Also:

http://www.sierrawave.net/two-deaths-one-mt-whitney-sequoia-kings-national-park/

In the above link- a 63 year old male hiker was killed on the Mountaineer's
Route of Mt Whitney, on 24 April, and a 21 year old female hiker (?) fell
into the Middle Fork of the Kaweah River, on 23 April, and was swept away,
drowning.

Paint