[pct-l] Palomar Mountain/mile #127

Paint YW paintyourwagonhikes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 17:09:45 CST 2017

9 inches of rain fell on Palomar Mountain, over the past weekend... which
is approx. 15 miles due west of the PCT, where it crosses Chihuahua Valley
RD.

I am happy to report that my humble abode stood up to this torrential
downpour, although the tent bathtub leaked considerably- due to loss of
waterproofing over time. I am using a one person MSR Hubba Hubba self
standing 3 season tent. All of the zippers have failed, requiring me to
improvise and cover the door with my poncho, which acts as the fly.

FWIW- I've been thru camping out here at trail angel Mike Herrara's place
since the 28th of Dec.

Tinkerbell and Screagle are the first thrus to stop by, reaching Paradise
Valley Cafe, then flopping north to Walker Pass, to SOBO back to wherever-
weather permitting.

I haven't any cell service at mile #127, so any replies will be forthcoming.

Stay safe out there and bring weather protection.

All the best,

Paint.