[pct-l] 2018 thru hike planning

Allen S xxlaozboi316xx at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 00:35:28 CDT 2017

Hey everyone. Long time lurker, I've done a bit of researching for a thru hike. I was planning on doing it this year, but I wavered since I didn't have the gear, the weather conditions, and because of myself as well. So I'm pretty set on doing a 2018 thru hike. As for as nobo or sobo. That's still up in the air as well. Because I might do some visiting to some friends either before or after or even during the hike (San Diego, Bay Area, and maybe some parts around Canada). I was in a huge accident a year and half ago, was a hairline from being paralyzed, fractured my spine, bunch of ribs, and some broken bones elsewhere.

Anyhow I'm just looking around for gear and wondering what I'm missing from the guides from fellow hikers and websites and such. What to buy new, what to buy used etc. I don't own any of my camping gear anymore so I pretty much have to start anew. Also I might be one of the few that have to plan and mail out meals on my own. Not sure if I'll have anyone that I can call to help for mail packages or not. So I need to plan that one out.

Anyway, thanks!

Tl;dr
What should I buy new. What should I buy used?
What are some tips for those that are mailing care packages to themselves without the help of anyone else.