[pct-l] Trail Magic Advice

Barry Teschlog tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 15 11:48:20 CDT 2017

"Any more ideas?  I'd appreciate any advice from the experienced trail magicians out there..."

Yep, I have another idea Town Food.

https://www.pcta.org/volunteer/project-schedule/

I bet you sure appreciated having clear trail to hike far more than a one off touch of grub.  Especially if you experienced the awful blow down conditions in southern Oregon, or every had to wade through brush on a cool, dewey morning (the "carwash" effect).  Stuff like that happens for want of a few more volunteers......
The best part of trail crew as magic, IMO, is that it's not some temporary, fleeting gift to but a few hikers.  It is a gift to every hiker that passes that way for years to come.  A section of brushy trail I cleared in 2010 is still clear to this day, benefiting every single day, section and thru hiker that has passed that way since, including you.....

There are chapters up and down the trail.  Find one.  Join them.https://www.pcta.org/volunteer/regional-groups/

I'll be heading up to do some magic up on Glacier Peak in a bit.  Folks will get blow down and brush free trail for 5 miles.........