[pct-l] hanging food

Stephen Adams reddirt23 at att.net
Sun Jan 29 11:38:16 CST 2017

I have seen bear twice just below Vidette, actually had a biggun following me along the Bubbs Creek trail.  Never leave your pack unattended.  Take it with you when you are filtering water, looking around etc...
Though I have not seen a bear at Vidette lower or upper, I do know of an attack at upper.  USed to know one of the backcountry rangers there out of Charlotte.  Big Dave.  He told me about a Sierra Club group staying there.  They had filled the old metal box and had too much so posted a guard.  Guard fell asleep and got hurt pretty bad.
They had some pretty aggressive bears in that area and up towards Dusy Branch area over the years.
They tend to patrol all of Vidette, Kearsarge Onion Valley, Bishop Pass etc... pretty regular.
You'll probably at least see scat.