[pct-l] Recording/blogging gear

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Mon Jan 23 17:50:30 CST 2017

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Sabrina Harrison
<troopharrison at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everybody. I am planning on blogging and vlogging while on trail. I would appreciate recommendations from those who have done the same on what devices worked well. I will have an anker 13K mah and an iPhone.

I'm a big fan of a mole skin notebook and typing things up when I get
into a town that has a library or hostel; much less strain on your
battery life, and I can't stand typing on a phone (or any of the
portable keyboards I've ever tried). I also find that I just
concentrate better when I do a draft on paper first and then type it
up, so it's carried over to every day life even when I have a computer
readily available.

For recording audio (I didn't do any video), my phone and a small
lapel mic (I think I got the cheapest Sony I could find on Amazon)
worked very well.

—Sam