[pct-l] Section Hike

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 23:27:53 CST 2017

Last summer I hiked from Tuolumne to Sonora Pass, notorious for mosquito
infestation. I bought some spray Permethrin from REI and sprayed my
clothing before my hike, including hiking gloves.  In places where
mosquitos were severe, I wore a head net and Deet on all exposed areas of
skin.  I even hiked in shorts but with Deet on my legs.  Stream crossings
will wash off the Deet from the legs so you will have to reapply.  However,
with this combination, I had no trouble.  Just south of Dorothy Lakes in
Yosemite, I had hundreds of mosquitoes clinging to my head net but this
really demonstrated how effective Deet and treating clothing with
Permethrin is.  Pitch your tent, quickly crawl in and zip them out.

Diet Plan