[pct-l] Safety

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 10 17:52:10 CST 2017

There are simple things you can do,also. These ideas may seem obvious, BUT
*have you even put up your tent in the pouring rain?
*Have you ever had to put on soaking wet clothing in the morning and walk yourself dry?
*Do you know how to keep your feet warm?--not necessarily dry just warm
*do you know what a storm looks like coming in from the west?
* Do you understand how to make a choice to stay low if the weather is changing
These questions seem simplistic. But many of the hikers out there have never had a backpack on. Go out in the pouring rain for a few hour walk --set up your tent in your back yard or a park. Don't expect your "spot"to mean you will be rescued
I can't tell you how many people I have run into on trails that are learning how to use their stoves,tents,tarps in the first week out there.
It's still going to be a great year!!!!
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone