[pct-l] Steep Snow Travel

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Fri Feb 10 09:44:31 CST 2017

Wow. Couldn't agree more!

I was just relaying to the Forest Service that the number of inexperienced
people about to swarm Inyo, alone, this spring and summer is going to
skyrocket. The PCTA anticipates somewhere around 3,000 permits issued this
season and with 70% being novices, that will be 2,100 very foolish people
trying to hike on steep snow with "tennis shoes" and cross swollen creeks
where the trail does because to search for a safer crossing will only get
them lost...

Yes, happens every year and we're screaming to get words of wisdom out.

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education, Inc.
ned at mountaineducation.org