[pct-l] Altra Lone Peaks - a review

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 01:02:14 CST 2017

Yup, they are a panacea for some and Doom for others. Two of my friends now
have had issues with their Achilles because of the lack of a raised heel.
We’ve been in heeled shoes all our lives and the change doesn’t work for
some. But the vast majority of folks I know who have gone to Altras
absolutely love them. Two hikers on the Te Araroa this year have gone to
them at Coyote and my recommendation and have had awful foot problems
solved by them. And the past few years I’ve been lecturing to Camino groups
in CA and I get nothing but thanks after their hikes for having recommended
the Altras.

Glad to hear from you Mango!  We’re having a ball in New Zealand this
winter!  Course it’s nice and summery down here.

Shroomer