[pct-l] Newly opened Miles 162-168 day hike?

Ron Graybill rgraybill44 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 14:56:53 CST 2017

Anyone interested in joining me on a day-hike that will include the newly
opened pieces of the PCT that have been closed since the 2013 Mountain
Fire? Hoping to spend Wed night, Dec. 13 in a cabin at Pine Springs Ranch,
then go less than a mile down the road and hike up the Spitler Trail to the
PCT, thence down (south) to Ceder Spring Trail and down to Morris Ranch
Road where we will have left a car to take us back to the car we left at
the Spitler Trailhead. Makes about a 13 mile hike, counting the trails up
to the PCT and down from it. Could arrange with my potential hiking partner
to stay another night, then hike the rest of the way from Cedar Spring
Trail & PCT down to Highway 74 near Paradise Valley Cafe. Ron "Slo-charger"
Graybill 909-910-9339 p.s. I hike rather slowly--about 40 minutes a mile
with some rest stops.