[pct-l] Sending winter gear to KM

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Thu Apr 13 11:49:34 CDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 2:28 AM, Stefan Popa <stefan.popa at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello, i didn't found the information so i try to get here.
> I want to ship my gear to KM on April 26 and pick it up on June 15.
> So that's more than 30 days (the duration usps post offices hold packages).
> Do KM hold it for more than 30 days ?
> Is there a general rule ? How long do non usps resupply points hold your
> package.

I can't speak authoritatively nor officially, but when I was there KM
had a large room in the back full of packages. They kept them a long
time. Most of the mail drop places, even the post offices, go way out
of their way, and above and beyond the call of duty, to help out
hikers. Just treat their good will and help as trail magic, not as en
entitlement.

The most important thing is to make your parcel easy to spot among the
hundreds stacked on shelves and on the floor. Paint it bright purple
with yellow polka dots on all sides, so you can see a corner of it
poking out from under other boxes

Someone may know better