[pct-l] Sleeping bags

Scott Diamond scott.diamond.mail at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 11:24:24 CDT 2016

It depends in part on your sleeping pad as well. I used a Therm-a-Rest Z
Lite Sol and for a sleeping bag I used two different down bags:

Mountain Hardware Speed
Nominal rating: 32F
Weight: 1lb 1oz (498 grams)

Mountain Hardware Phantom Flame 15
Nominal rating: 15F
Weight: 2lb 4 oz (1002 grams)

The lighter bag was fine for most of the PCT but I wore all my clothes
(including rain gear) a few nights in the Sierra Nevada. I switched to the
heavier bag about 1/2 way into Washington. It was extremely warm. If I were
to use one bag I think a 1.5 lb 800 fill down bag would be about right.

       -Scott