[pct-l] Section hiking PCT - Crater Lake to Yosemite

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:40:19 CST 2016

You may still have some snow in early June, but that all depends on the
year.  In 2010 and 2011, the snows were still deep in the Cascades and
Sierra throughout June.   But during the 4 years of drought that followed,
early June was just fine  Some were hiking without trouble in May.  But in
general, June, July and August are great times to do this section,
certainly July and August for sure.  And you should be able to get further
than Yosemite in 2 months if you get your trail legs and go light.  So,
keep your eye on the weather and have a ball!  You may even end in the High
Sierra.  That would be really spectacular.  Crater Lake to the High Sierra
is a great section.

Shroomer