[pct-l] Ethical goose down?

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Sun May 22 21:30:21 CDT 2016

Thank you Two Legs!  I'm glad to hear that something is being done about
this cruelty.  And thank you for helping bring awareness to this issue and
validating my posts.  A few people have responded to me like I was a
stupid, insane lunatic and I felt like I had to do "all the heavy lifting"
trying to bring awareness on this subject.  Geese are magnificent creatures
and do not deserve a life of cruelty and torture!  No animal does.
Whenever I'm outside and hear honking, I have always stopped to look up and
watch the Canada Geese fly overhead.  They are a beauty of nature.

Thank you Mountain Laurel for giving us a better option; and to Patagonia
and even Zpacks (for at least trying as they may not have the business
capital to validate) for trying to do the right thing.

I read the article and Patagonia said that authenticating this humane
down *"was
neither easy nor cheap!"  *That validates my point that "cruelty down"
contaminates so many sources.  Because of greed, many exploit the
unscrupulous business loop holes and legalese definitions of cruelty.  It
is not humane if down is harvested for 4 years off of a live goose before
getting sold cheaply for the last time for "humane down" and dog food
(still termed, "meat industry")

The best ultralight down alternative I think is the sleep quilt by Mountain
Laurel at 19 ounces. It's cheap, only $215
http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/index.php?cPath=42  I'm turning
my quilt into a "bag" with denier fabric (only) on the bottom to use with a
Neoair mattress or a pad.  After I'm done, I'm going to send them a photo
and see if they will want to manufacture this "bag" option as quilts can
get drafty.

We need more humane options so let's get busy and only buy from humane
companies even if it costs just a little bit more. We as the consumer
should not tolerate cruelty!

Diet Plan