[pct-l] Ethical goose down?

Gail vanvelzer at charter.net
Fri May 20 00:07:20 CDT 2016

This is rediculous!  Most down is harvested in the process of killing a bird for food.  It's waste and it's usable.  At least birds are renewable, whereas petroleum products are not!  And yes, if I had a dog, I'd groom it, just like I do my horse.  I get so much hair in the spring that I should sell it...and it's not hurting my horse one bit!  In fact, it helps him.

Sent from Mailbird [http://www.getmailbird.com/?utm_source=Mailbird&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sent-from-mailbird]
On 5/19/2016 9:41:33 PM, ambery-80243 at mypacks.net <ambery-80243 at mypacks.net> wrote:

"PLEASE DO NOT BUY DOWN!!!! You would not pull the hair out of your dog or
> cat every 6 months. Please do not subject other animals to this cruelty.
> Do not support this industry!"

But by all means, use the other synthetic insulations that are made from petroleum sources, just like your tent, rain jacket, and all your other gear. It's an unfortunate fact, but there's no way to get your modern gear without harming a resource somewhere, whether it's a goose, or some fish/undersea life.